Belgocontrol performs very well as regards punctuality in the first half of 2018
Despite the overall increase in air traffic in Europe, Belgocontrol’s results in terms of punctuality are once again outstanding. With only 0.06 minutes of average delay per en-route flight in the first half of the year, the company has one of the best punctuality rates in FABEC (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France and Switzerland). The number of air movements is increasing by almost 3%. A total of 537,313 flights were safely managed by Belgocontrol's air traffic controllers from 1 January to 30 June.
> Download the full Performance Report here <
During the first six months of 2018, we observe the following results (that we compare to the same period of 2017):
In terms of movements, Belgocontrol managed a total of 537,313 flights (+2.9%), with the following tendencies:
- increase of the number of movements controlled by the national air traffic control centre CANAC 2 (294,210 movements, +3.8%) and at the airports of Antwerp (30,256 movements, +10%), Charleroi (48,468 movements, +4.4%) and Liège (29,516 movements, +9.5%);
- decrease at Brussels Airport (114,112 movements, -1.8%) and Ostend (20,751 movements, -3.5%).
In terms of aviation safety, one category B incident (major) was recorded. A second incident is under investigation.
In terms of punctuality, Belgocontrol performs very well. As far as en-route flights are concerned, the average delay per flight is 0.06 minutes (3.6 seconds). By comparison, the average delay per flight for all en-route control centres of FABEC (Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France and Switzerland) amounts to 1.06 minutes (63.6 seconds). As regards flights arriving at our airports, delays are decreasing by 22%.
The en route-service units are on the rise (1,273,159 units or +3.4%).
The terminal service units are increasing by 4.7% and can be broken down as follows:
- 78,438 units or +2.2% at Brussels Airport;
- 2,323 units or +21.5% at Antwerp airport;
- 15,554 units or +5.4% at Charleroi airport;
- 17,274 units or +16% at Liège airport;
- 2,096 units or -0.6% at Ostend airport.
In financial terms, the turnover is increasing and reached 115.3 million euro at the end of the first half of 2018 (+ 3.1%). The intermediate outcome (5.7 million euro) is declining, this is due to a higher investment depreciation.